Chinese Restaurants in Orpington

Best Places To Eat Chinese in Orpington Kent



Though Orpington is a relatively small town, it does have a number of local Chinese restaurants. Some are just takeaways, whilst others allow you to book and have a waitress/waiter service. So with a little help from TripAdvisor, we have put together a list of the Chinese restaurants in Orpington, Kent.

Xian
Style: Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian Friendly
324 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0NG

Tel: 01689 871881

Website: NONE

The follwoing review about Xian comes from Franvid147 of Sidcup:
Returning favourite! I have been coming here for years and only just realised I have never reviewed before. I always recommend this place to friends and family and have always had rave reviews for the food, service and overall quality of the meal.

The staff are always friendly and happy help and the ambience is great.

The set meals offer a variety of dishes to try all of which were all great (tried C this time). Would recommend booking well in advance to ensure you can get a table.

VaradarajanV3 gives their eating experience:

Xian- best Chinese restaurant in Orpington! Excellent food, great service. Best Chinese food in Orpington and nearby areas. Lots of vegetarian options. A personal favourite.


Parkside Restaurant
Style: Chinese, Asian, Diner
5-7 Chislehurst Road, Orpington, Kent BR6 0DF

Tel: 01689 822033

Website: https://parksiderestaurant.co.uk/

Parkside Restaurant offer a wide cariety of Chinese cuisine. They provide good value whilest serving high quality food and service. Learn more on this blog post.


Daniella hives her thoughts about eating at Parkside Restaurant:
Interesting food, great service! We've been here a number of times and like to try new things from the regional Chinese menu at the back. You would be hard pushed to find some of these dishes outside the most authentic Chinese restaurants in London. Every dish is deliciously cooked. I have food allergy which the restaurant caters for and the service is excellent.


While SteveC2 from Orpington has this to say:

A Huge Improvement!I used to visit this restaurant when it was called the New World. I wnt often and enjoyed my visits. But then the standards slipped and, after discovering one lunch time, that all the tables were horribly sticky, I stopped going there.

It now appears to be under new ownership. The name has changed, it's much cleaner and has a top level hygiene rating. I thought I'd give it another try and I'm so glad I did. The place wasn't busy on the Monday evening I visited and I was quickly greeted and shown to a table laid with a spotless white cloth - as were all the others. I was given a complimentary plate of prawn crackers and my order was taken and the food served quickly.

The food was excellent and I enjoyed soup, rice and two meat dishes, with ice cream to follow. The service was fast friendly and all you'd wish it to be.

My one suggestion to the management is that the food should be served on heated dishes and that hotplates should be placed on the table to help keep the food hot, as I found that, by the time I was serving myself with the last of the food in the dishes, it had considerably cooled.

I found the prices a little on the high side but you do get a good meal for your money.



King Palace 
Style: Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian Friendly
346-348 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0NQ

Tel: 01689 831848

Website:http://kingpalace.co.uk/
The King Palace Restaurant has selected a few of the best Chinese dishes from across the country. Their menu offers the best combination of Beijing and Szechuan dishes with a selection of Vietnamese specialties.

In this review, Ameddemm gives their thoughts:
Family favourite! Food is outstanding, always have the Szechuan feast, come here for every family occasion, a special place, food is really high quality’s
While Clare013 from Australia, who is a long way from home, said this about the King Palace:
Always visit here when in England. Been here twice already since arriving in London. Love the food and the people. A favourite is the soft shell crab and the very spicy chilli king prawns. The salt and pepper squid is always excellent and the ginger chicken yummy. My whole family enjoy coming here. Give it a try.
Ming
Style: Chinese, Asian, Vegetarian Friendly
23 Station Square, Petts Wood, Orpington, Kent BR5 1LY
Tel: 01689 820427

Website: http://www.mingrestaurant.net/

Technically, Ming is in Orpington, but really it is is Petts Wood. Howver, it's a great places to go for a Chinese meal. They even have live music.

The following review is by G7487JBdh of Petts Wood:
First class takeaway if you aren't in a hurry!

I ordered a takeaway (my first from this restaurant) by phone and was surprised to be told that it would take at least one hour before it would be ready as they were so busy. A quarter of an hour before it was due I received a call to say that it would be longer and that they would call when it was ready. That call came about ninety minutes after I ordered, When I arrived there were at least 20 - 25 people waiting for takeaways. Making my way to the front of the queue I eventually managed to speak to a waiter and within 5 minutes was away with my ordered food.

Maybe New Year's Eve was not the best time for quick service! However, on getting the food home, both my wife and I, and our guest found the food excellent, better in some respects than food we often eat in London Chinatown. Our only criticism is the very small amount of egg in the egg fried rice.

My wife and I will certainly be using this as a takeaway again in future and will try eating in when we are not in a hurry.

Gillypixie from Orpington, is a regualr visitor to Ming and has this to say:
Our favourtie restaurant for Chinese Food! I have been here several times over the last 15+ years. The food is always really good. Friendly welcoming staff and always a lovely atmosphere. The restaurant is a little tired and the rest rooms really need a makeover but it is clean. My favourite is their Crispy Duck and Sizzling Prawns with Singapore Noodles. No other restaurant has touched on the quality and taste of these dishes. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.


Bamboo
Style: Chinese, Fast food, Asian
11 Crescent Way, Orpington, Kent BR6 9LP
Tel: 01689 860089

Website: NONE

The Bamboo is just a Chinese takeaway and not a restaurant.

Meme Y gives their thoughts about ordering food from Bamboo:
The food made my day! Please note that everyones tastes are individual.. this is my personal experience. After moving away from an excellent chinese takeaway at my last location, i have searched Orpington for a similar chinese takeaway, it has taken me 7 years but i think i have found it here at the Bamboo!

I was basing my search on mushroom rice, chicken curry & sweet an sour chicken balls. It was almost a perfect match. My only critisism is the curry sauce may have been a bit sweeter than i remember and the sweet an sour sauce a bit thinner, but other than that it was perfect!
Friendly staff and a nice clean shop, generous portion sizes and a really good price. I believe it is cash only but there is a cash point a few shops down./

I think i have found my new go to chinese takeaway... happy me!

On the other hand, Stewartpb from Biggin Hill, has this to say (and not always great reviews):

Very average!

Decided to get a takeaway after finding our usual choice was closed. In all honesty this is a difficult review to write! Nothing was awful, nothing was fantastic! It was all terribly, disappointingly average!

The one thing really missing was flavour! The black bean was insipid, the chicken and cashew nuts was packed out with unnecessary carrots and another vegetable which was so bland I couldn’t even tell you what it was! I had to hunt for a cashew and the only way I could make it taste great was to pour a large helping of hoisin sauce on it from the kitchen cupboard! The Singapore rice was ok but lacked that punch of spice you expect!

The chicken satay was good as was the prawn toast but unfortunately the complements end there! Everything else was simply meh!

I have to say I ate everything because I was hungry, not because it was delicious!
If I lived next door I’d probably go back but I don’t do I definitely won’t. The young lady who served us was nice and smiley and we got free prawn crackers and fortune cookies.

I also thought it was a tad expensive! I was going to rate it as poor but the mixed starters just managed to drag it up to average.

Crystal Jade

Style: Chinese, Asian, Thai
107-109 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0LG
Tel: 01689 820888

Website: https://www.facebook.com/Crystal-jade-140855302733938/

Overall, the most recent reviews about the Crystal Jade are not particularlly good, but we try to let you know what peoples experiences are, and unfortunately they are not always good. However, the below review was the most recent on TripAdvisor so it may well have improved since then.

This review by RBD3089 was added on 4 September 2019:
Disgusting food and customer service!

Ordered a take-away from here Monday night through the Just eat app. Food arrived 20 mins early and driver was very eager to get away.

When i took the food out the bag i was horrified. Rice was overcooked and covered in a snot like substance with what i think was meant to be meat and vegetables and no flavour. Ribs were slimy. Chicken chow mein was overcooked and slimy. sweet and sour sauce was cold and jelly like. Prawn toast was cold and dripping with oil. Called the restaurant to complain and ask for a refund and was told that all delivery drivers had gone home but the restaurant was open for another hour? i was also told that nothing could be done as the boss wasn't there and only he could make a decision. was told to call the following day and to keep the food as it would be collected when a driver was sent to me with my £35. I called the following day and was told that they would issue the refund but i had to call just eat first and let them know that i wasnt happy with the food and that i wanted a refund. i was told that no driver would be sent with my refund until this call has been made.

So i call just eat to be told that there was no need for the call as it was a cash payment and the call to just eat is only needed if a card payment was taken. I call the resturant again and they say that they would send a driver out to collect the digusting vile food and to also refund me my money. i asked 3 times how long this would take and and on the third time i was told 45 minutes. An hour goes by... i call back and speak to the same lady and am told that she will contact the driver for me and call me back...30 mins goes by with no call back. I call again and speak to the owner and he shouts at me and tells me that its not his problem and that i need to come to the restaurant. Reluctantly i make my way to the restaurant where i am greeted by 2 members of staff and the owner, who are all incredibly rude. they are all shouting in Chinese at me and had the cheek to go through the bag of food to see if i had eaten any, which i hadn't. eventually got my full refund!.

Save yourself the time and hassle, do not use this sham of a restaurant! not worth the hassle.

And here is Aj2526 from London, experience, reviewed 23 November 2018:
Sad Times :(

Group of nine of us went for a birthday meal and the night just went from bad to worse! Service was awful and slow along with orders being missed and drinks never coming even after asking several times. The bill was wrong with items being added all in all not going back sadly better places to spend our money.
Miso Noodle Bar
Style: Japanese, Chinese, Asian
268/270 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0NB
Tel: 01689 896808

Website: http://www.misonoodlebar.co.uk/

Miso Noodle Bar is a group of Asian food restaurants providing affordable, healthy and tasty food. They offer noodles, rice dishes, side orders and dim sum.

In this review about the Miso in Orpington, Happyexplora from London, has this to say about their eatng experience:
Delicious food! We came here Saturday evening after a hard day at work , service here was definitely with a smile . It was a lovely atmosphere and modern decor . The menu choice was varied and good vegetarian choice , I had the cod which was delightful and my husband had the chicken satay which he demolished! The waitresses and waiters were all very polite and respectful they were also helpful and attentive. Would recommend for good food and nice vibe ! We will be back soon ! Thank you .

Dreamer799139, who added their review 5 September 2019, says the following:

Always Good! We love this place...the food is always excellent quality & served in good time.
Our only gripe is the extremely uncomfortable seats...hard benches with no backs to them & no cushions to make them a bit softer. This is the reason a lot of my friends won't eat here, so it's something the management really need to address urgently.
Reku Zen
Style: Asian, Chinese, Vegetarian Friendly
85 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0LF
Tel: 01689 826880

Website: NONE

Reku Zen is a buffer style restaurant where you can eat as much as you want for a fixed price, plus drinks are extra. This can always be value for money if you have a big appetite!

Scott from Aberdeen passes on his thoughts about eating at Reku Zen, Here is what he thought:
Average at best! Family meal for 8. Made the reservation the day before and got a table easy enough. Seemed quite busy, so thought that was a good sign.

Waitress advised that they normally take payment for the meals prior to sitting down, bit as we looked 'Ok', we could pay at the end. Had a look around at the rest of the diners, trying to work out who had paid upfront as they weren't 'Ok'?

Tried to order drinks tonbe told that take drink orders, and we have to go to the bar and order and they would take them over. Duly went to the bar, only to be told they weren't the bar and to go to another desk.

Food itself was 'Ok'. Standard buffet fare and as we had a couple of fussy eaters, choices suited them. They have some kind of chef cooking food to order. However no menu exists to tell you what he did.

Overall, a pretty cheap meal and if you enjoy eating big plates full of pretty average Chinese food, you'll love it.
While Brian D from Croydon had this to say:

Family Sunday lunch. We came here at the request of my son who is home for Christmas and New Year. The lay out has changed considerably but it was an excellent meal. The buffet has a large choice with a good range of meat, seafood and vegetable dishes. Also nice selection of sweets and chocolate fountain. Food and drinks were reasonably priced. Would certainly recommend for any lovers of Asian food.

If you are looking foe other news or businesses in Orpington Kent, check out this link.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 10 Places To Eat in Swanley Kent

Things To Do in Swanley Kent